Official APC for the Journal of Intensive Care in 2022: Euro1,990/ US$ 2,390/ GBP 1,790.
In 2022, the Japanese Society of Intensive Care Medicine covers 60% of the above APC to support authors.
Discounted APC for authors in 2022: Euro 636.8/ US$ 764.8 / GBP 572.8.
To receive this discount, authors should submit below institution code during the process of manuscript submission.
[how to request APC support]
1) In the final step of manuscript new submission, when you click 'Build PDF for approval' button, you are taken to 'Publication Charges' page.
2) Click 'View Publication Charges' button.
3) APC information is shown on the APC agreement page. In the bottom of the page, select payment option #2 : 'I believe I am covered by an institutional membership arrangement and wish to request institutional payment or discount. and insert below institution code to the box.
Institution code: BB-JSICM-JINC-0221
4) press 'submit'.
5) confirm verified APC in the next page and proceed.
* this code and APC support is available to all authors no matter whether they hold society membership or otherwise.
**however this MUST be requested during the process of new submission. Post-submission requests cannot be accepted.
***for those who can't afford discounted APC should request full waiver using the third option. "I believe I am eligible for a waiver or discount of the Article Processing Charge" and provide specific reason.
Article Processing Charges from 2022
The Society-sponsored APC share of each accepted article shall be set as follows;
- For the articles submitted in 2021, the Society will sponsor 70% of the Journal’s then APC (30% charged to the author)
- For the articles submitted in 2022, the Society will sponsor 60% of the Journal’s then APC (40% charged to the author)
- For the articles submitted in 2023, the Society will sponsor 50% of the Journal’s then APC (50% charged to the author)